Thursday, January 29, 2009
Ok... you must know by now, that I absolutely love surveys and memememes. And if by chance you didn't already know this quaint little fact about me, please refer to the like 15 I have posted since I started blogging. So, to stay true to form, I have once again snagged this neato survey from Stephanie over at Our Life in Words, so here I go....
1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? My mom
2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED? ummm last night watching The Patriot... I cry a lot now!
3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? I like it
4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT? Domestic Ham
5. DO YOU HAVE KIDS? No, but I want to!
6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? I like to think I would... people seem to like me... or at least I think.
7. DO YOU USE SARCASM? I am QUEEN of sarcasm.
8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS? yes indeedy
9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? I REALLY want to, but the thought of landing on my head has thus far been a great deterent
10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL? Honey Nut Cheerios
11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF? Not my sneakers...
12. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM? Breyers Strawberry or Coffee
13. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE? Their teeth... I hate crooked gross looking teeth.
14. RED OR PINK? Pink
15. WHAT IS YOUR LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF? my baby belly... although I have lost weight (pre-pregnancy- like ALWAYS) I am still self concious of the belly.
16. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST? me time... two kids and a hubby cut into that a lot... and now with baby #3 on the way... Lord only knows if that will exist anymore...
17. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO COMPLETE THIS LIST?? Sure, I love reading surveys!
18. WHAT COLOR PANTS AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING? Red pants and black boots
19. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? The incesent hum of my computer at work.
20. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE? hmmm today I think I would be midnight blue... I just like the color.
21. FAVORITE SMELLS? freshly bathed babies
22. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE? my hubby
23. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON WHO POSTED THIS NOTE? don't really know her, but I like to read her blog!
24. FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH? Soccer
25. HAIR COLOR? Dark Brown
26. EYE COLOR? Brown
27. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? No
28. FAVORITE FOOD? right now it depends on the moment and my mood... and what the little baby in my belly desires at the moment.
29. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS? It really depends on my mood...
30. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED? The Patriot (only because my stupid cable isn't working) but new movies we watched Max Payne
31. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING? Black cowl neck sweater
32. SUMMER OR WINTER? Summer- oh how I wish it were summer now!
33. HUGS OR KISSES? kisses
34. FAVORITE DESSERT? Ice cream
37. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW? The Zoo Keeper's Wife by Diane Ackerman
38. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD? Nothing... its boring and blue
39. WHAT DID YOU WATCH ON TV LAST NIGHT? Nothing, my stupid cable doesn't work!!! I hate Comcast
40. FAVORITE SOUND(S)? the ocean
41. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES? Beatles
42. WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME? Colombia, South America
43. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT? useless talent... I can flip my tongue... ask me I'll show you.
44. WHERE WERE YOU BORN? Concord, MA
46. HOW DID YOU MEET YOUR SPOUSE/SIGNIFICANT OTHER? We met online... Yes, there are real people that aren't sleezey on these sites...
Ok... so some of you may have noticed there are numbers missing, but I deleted the ones that ask if I like the person that sent it to me, the one most likely to respond... I stole this, so there.
SOOOO please comment, and post this on your site... so I can read and find out more about you!
I was checking out the give away today on An Iowa Mom, and she has the best book for any parent! The KidDictionary: A Book of Words Parents Need But Don't Have by Eric Ruhlater, pretty much its a dictionary of words to describe the actions of our children that are just simply unexplainable, you know the ones... the ones that just leave us with our mouths open and sans words to describe what just happened!
I really want this book, so hop on over to her blog and check it out and sign up for the give away. Good luck... but not too much, because I want to win it!
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
So anyways... go here and check out her latest bloggy give away!!!!!
Apparently this man has trained his "pets" to get along, and use the dog as transportation! I would love to see this in person!
Monday, January 26, 2009
Ok... I'm not giving anything away... BUT An Iowa Mom is!!!! I love her blog, she's sooo funny and she always makes me laugh. Check out her blog and see what's she talking about today... oh and check out her give away. Good luck!
Saturday, January 24, 2009
Thursday, January 22, 2009
I absolutely love this color too! I started on one sleeve today at lunch... I expect to finish that one tonight. So with any luck I can finish the whole thing over the weekend.
My next project is a red sweater for Tyler. This is by request, I took him into Michael's with me the other day and he right away went to a bright red yarn and was like.... OOOOHHH mommy, isn't this the nicest color you ever saw! I think I would like a red sweater with this yarn.
How do you say no to that??? So a red sweater it 'tis... now for a pattern.
I'm baaaaccckkk! whew... illness has made its evil way through my home over the last two weeks, and let me tell you... it has not been fun!
First my poor Tyler woke up last monday with a fever of 103.8 and it stayed that way until at least 9:00am before I was actually able to speak to a person at his doctor's office. But as many of you may know, the typical response from the triage nurse is "oh there's a flu going around, and it sounds like he has it. Just give him lots of liquids and he'll be fine." Ummm, ok. From what I know the flu does not give temps of 103.8, but ok. So I go to my poor limp baby and tell him to blow his nose and right away... OUCH! Mommy my ear hurts! AAAAHHHAAAAA!!!! So I call the nurse back... yeah, its me again, you know I think I'm gonna bring him in. Yeah I'm almost positive he has an ear infection. And wouldn't you know... I was right! So I spent the ENTIRE day with my poor sick and sniffly, ear infected son laying on me all day. And when he wasn't laying on me he was following me around like a lost soul, telling me "mommy, I love you! Are you gonna come sit with me?" poor thing...
Well he got better in a day or two, but then my hubby came down with the real flu. AND as many of you may know a sick husband is often time WORSE than a sick child! So from Friday to Monday I nursed a sick hubby that whined more than my son, and its officially his fault I am sick!
Yup, I woke up on monday with a stupid cough and awful chest pain that only gt increasingly worse as I sat at my desk on monday. GRRRRRR, and since I am only 9 weeks pregnant, I can't take a damn thing for my cough. Oh, but I can take cough drops, and we all know how those help for chest pains associated with my cough. Well a couple of calls to my primary care dr, and it seems I was probably getting bronchitis again! So a few antibiotics later, the chest pain is gone and the cough is pretty much under control, but now I this stupid runny nose and some post-nasal drip to go along with that. So I'm better... just not great!
Ok, so now that I have whined to you about my sorry sorry life for the last week. I'm done. Thanks!
So in between all this illness, I have made some progress on my first knit baby sweater. You wanna see?????
Well come back a little later and I'll post my pics!
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
Monday, January 19, 2009
Thursday, January 15, 2009
So I really do think I'm numb, and I'm not talking emotional here either! Its all of 11 degrees here today and I still haven't fully warmed up since I got to work this morning at 9 am! I do have to say I am grateful that I am not living in Montana, since last night on the news they were saying that the temps were somewhere around -56 degrees with the windchill! Is that even possible! Who can function in that kind of weather?
So today generally sucks because I'm cold... and I'm at work! I hate being cold and at work, I would much rather be warm and cozy on my couch at home. *sigh*
I am trying to get myself motivated to get back to the gym... I've been trying all week to do this. Now ask me how many times I have actually gone so far??? NONE, ZERO, ZIP!!! I fail...
I just can't find the energy or the motivation to actually go. I'm sure once I'm there I'll be fine, but its the getting there that killing me. I was going regularly at least 4 if not 5 times a week up until I got bronchitis in October... then that was it. I took a break to recoop from the bronchitis and I'm still here... sitting here.. on my butt.. which is not getting any smaller.
My plan is to get myself into a routine again, so that as I get larger and more pregnant, I won't get lazy and fat and huge and round... as I tend to get when I am pregnant. I worked and suffered a lot to be where I'm at right now... 123lbs. And ideally/realistically I can be that again after the baby... but not if I don't get myself to the gym!
So... any ideas on how to self motivate??? Help... please!
Wednesday, January 14, 2009
Five Things Meme
I'm on a roll tonight... Mel I borrowed this from you at SmellyAnn Strikes Again
5 Things in my bag:
5 Things in my room:
Yarn in bags under my bed
Pair of my shoes
Baskets of clean folded clothes
more clothes... i need to work on this I think!!!
5 Things I have always wanted to do:
Make a living doing artsy-craftsy stuff
Go to Australia
Live on a beach in the tropics
Be a stay at home mom
5 Things I am currently into:
Perfecting my knitting techniques... I'm self taught
knitting baby things for new baby in the making
Being a Junior Girl Scout troop leader
blogging... i'm hooked!
There you have it! Let me know in the comments if you do it, too!
Ok, so I "borrowed" this from Stephanie at Our Life in Words... Again because I am sooooo original....
Here's another edition of Would You Rather...? Hosted by Momdot!
I'd rather do the ones in bold!
Would You Rather…
*read the book or see the movie?
*get liposuction or a boob job? I've already gotten lipo and it wasn't that bad... and I would definitely do it again! Besides my girls are just fine and don't need any added padding!
*drive a SUV or a Mini Van?
*Eat a cup of mayonnaise or a cup of horseradish? ummm why would I even want to do either?
*vote for an honest but stupid politician or a liar with tremendous savvy?
*walk in circles through a revolving door 1000 times or hang upside down in an elevator for three hours? Only because I'm sure I'd throw up waaaay before the 1000 time around
*clean up after all the animals at the zoo or clean up at a slaughterhouse?
*give up veggies or fruit?
*rewind to the days before you had kids or fast forward to the day you have grandbabies?
hmmmm, tough but I don't want to fast forward through my kids being young and fun
*learn from past mistakes or try again in hopes for better results? Although both options have potential
Be sure to post your replies on Momdot too! And let me know if you play along in the comments!
Monday, January 12, 2009
Ok, today has been a semi-productive day. I barely slept a wink as my hubby has a cold and kept me awake with his marathon coughing last night. Once I convinced him at 3am to take some cough medicine, and he actually stopped coughing, I was awaken by Isabel telling me that Tyler was in bed crying and she had tried to calm him down but it didn't work. So I go on in to see what the problem is... and my poor baby is burning up with a fever! 103.7 to be exact! This poor child was on fire. So I laid with him for a while until he fell back to sleep and lo and behold.. its time to get anyways and get Isabel off to school.
So I am pretty much exhausted... more so than normal now! So even though I have all kinds of witty things I was planning on blogging about today... I'm am gonna crash on my couch for about 30 minutes until I have to go down for my laundry.... AGAIN!
Hopefully I'll catch my second wind in an hour or so and I'll put together my witty blog. But for now... this is it.
Sunday, January 11, 2009
What time is it? 12:00 PM
What's your full name? Gloria Castano
What are you the most afraid of? sharks... stupid but I'm really afraid of them
What is the most recent movie that you have seen? Horton Hears a Who
Place of birth: Concord, MA
Favorite food: Pasta
What's your natural hair color? Dark Brown
Ever been a Neat Freak? Umm, when nesting
Ever been skinny dipping? Absolutely
Love someone so much it made you cry? Yes, I would think any parent has
Been in a car accident? yes
Croutons or bacon bits? Croutons
Favorite day of the week? The weekend…
Favorite restaurant? Delicias Paisas – Colombian food
Favorite Flower? White roses with a tinge of color around the edges
Favorite sport to watch? Soccer
Favorite drink? Watermelon Martinis
Favorite ice cream? Black raspberry
Warner Brothers or Disney? Disney all the way
Ever been on a ship? Not a cruise ship, but booze cruise and casino cruise
What color is your bedroom carpet? beige
How many times did you fail your driver's test? None (we rock Mel!)
Before this one, from whom did you get your last e-mail? spam
What do you do when you are bored? I'm never bored. But when I have less to do I knit or
What's your bedtime? Normally 11ish but lately 9 pm
Who will repeat this? Who knows… hopefully someone
Favorite TV show? History channel
Last person you went to dinner with? My family
Park or Zoo? Both
What are your favorite colors? Love shades of blue, but only the darker, brighter ones
How many tattoos do you have? 4 and want more….
How many pets do you have? One dog and a fish that are at my mom’s for now
Which came first, the chicken or the egg? Oh no!!!!!
What do you want to do before you die? SCUBA dive the Great Barrier Reef, sans the sharks
that I am petrified of
Have you ever been to Hawaii? In my dreams only… but someday
Have you been to countries outside the U.S.? Yes, Canada, Puerto Rico, St. Lucia, Colombia, DR
Time this survey ended: 12:16 PM
Thursday, January 8, 2009
Ok, so since I am soooo original, I snatched this neato list from Stephanie's blog.... but still check it out.
Four names people call me:
4. Yoyis (my dad)
Four jobs I have had in my life:
2. Bank Teller
3. Cashier at Caldor
4. A/R Clerk
Four movies I've watched more than once:
1. Gone with the Wind (my all time fav!)
2. Fools Rush In
3. Pretty much anything animated by Disney
4. Pitch Black (love Vin Diesel)
Four places I have lived:
1. Leominster, MA
2. Apia, Colombia, South America
4. (how incredibly sad is this portion of the list!)
Four places I have been:
2. Dominican Republic
4. St. Lucia
Four People who e-mail me (regularly) :
3. my crochet lists
4. Mystery Shopping Companies
Four of my favorite Foods:
1. fruit- pretty much any one will fit this category
2. Ice Cream
4. platanos (plantains).... yummmmm
Four Places I'd rather be right now:
1. a tropical Island
2. Santa Marta, Colombia on the Beach
3. Vacation somewhere warm and preferably tropical
4. On a cruise
Four things I am looking forward to this year:
1. New baby
2. Tyler starting Kindergarten
3. taking a family vacation
4. being a SAHM for a few months this year!
Four TV shows that I watch:
1. Grey's Anatomy
3. Anything on the History Channel
4. Anything on the Discovery Channel
Wednesday, January 7, 2009
Tuesday, January 6, 2009
So on New Year's Eve we told the kids that they will be having a new baby brother or sister. I can't describe to you the happiness that was quickly followed by a barrage of questions. When will the baby be born? Is it a boy or a girl? Are you having twins? Oh please have twins that way we can each have one. (this came from Tyler) and Isabel added "oh and if you're having twins, wouldn't it be great if you had a boy AND a girl.. that way I can have a baby sister and Ty can have a baby brother!"
Monday, January 5, 2009
1. Started your own blog
2. Slept under the stars
3. Played in a band (Marching Band 6 years!)
4. Visited Hawaii
5. Watched a meteor shower
6. Given more than you can afford to charity (unfortunately everything I give is more than I can afford!)
7. Been to Disneyland
8. Climbed a mountain
9. Held a praying mantis
10. Sang a solo
11. Bungee jumped
12. Visited Paris- some day!!!!
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea - I've watched one from an airplane at night very cool!
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch
15. Adopted a child
16. Had food poisoning- Not 100% positive but it sure as hell felt like it!
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty
18. Grown your own vegetables- and not to well I might add!
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France
20. Slept on an overnight train
21. Had a pillow fight
22. Hitch hiked
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill - ok... who hasn't done this???
24. Built a snow fort
25. Held a lamb
26. Gone skinny dipping
27. Run a Marathon
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice - some day... on my european excursion
29. Seen a total eclipse
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset
31. Hit a home run- when I was like 10!
32. Been on a cruise
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors - Colombia and I love it
35. Seen an Amish community
36. Taught yourself a new language
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person- again on my european excursion someday!
39. Gone rock climbing- ummm I've climbed a big rock, does that count?
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David
41. Sung karaoke- only when I'm REALLY drunk or competing with the my sister
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant
44. Visited Africa
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight
46. Been transported in an ambulance
47. Had your portrait painted- chalk drawings...
48. Gone deep sea fishing
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person- someday
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris- someday
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling- went snorkeling in Santa Marta, Colombia... beautiful
52. Kissed in the rain
53. Played in the mud
54. Gone to a drive-in theater
55. Been in a movie
56. Visited the Great Wall of China
57. Started a business
58. Taken a martial arts class
59. Visited Russia
60. Served at a soup kitchen
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies
62. Gone whale watching
63. Got flowers for no reason- I've bought them for myself...
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma
65. Gone sky diving - I REALLY want to... but REALLY afraid to!
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp
67. Bounced a check
68. Flown in a helicopter
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial
71. Eaten Caviar
72. Pieced a quilt
73. Stood in Times Square
74. Toured the Everglades
75. Been fired from a job
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London
77. Broken a bone
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle-while doing a wheelie! no lie!!!
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person
80. Published a book
81. Visited the Vatican- someday when I go to Europe
82. Bought a brand new car
83. Walked in Jerusalem
84. Had your picture in the newspaper
85. Read the entire Bible- almost all... 6 years of Catholic School
86. Visited the White House
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating- umm I watched someone gut a pig and then we ate it later... I'm counting that
88. Had chickenpox
89. Saved someone’s life
90. Sat on a jury
91. Met someone famous
92. Joined a book club
93. Lost a loved one
94. Had a baby
95. Seen the Alamo in person
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake
97. Been involved in a lawsuit
98. Owned a cell phone
99. Been stung by a bee
100. Read an entire book in one day-Harry Potter baby!
What would you add this to list??
I'm such a biter but I loved the list... very diverse... leave a comment and tell me what you would add or what you have done...
Thanks Melanie from Smellyann Strikes Again for this neato list
Friday, January 2, 2009
I think too many of us forget that we still have troops abroad, in danger, fighting for a war that no one wants... but these people are making huge sacrifices so that we can live a safer world.
Please take a peek at the video and pass it along. The producer of this video is a 15 yo girl, and she did a wonderful job.