Friday, December 12, 2008

Winter Wonderland



Last night I think half of the United States (at least the entire Eastern Seacoast) was hit with a lovely winter storm... mostly rain, but lucky folks like myself got some ice thrown in for some fun.

Wonderful you would say... it is winter after all, right?? Yeah, right! As of 11 pm last night I have no power... translation... no heat, can't cook, no hot water... and the temp outside is a balmy 32 degrees. I spent the night shivering everytime I rolled out of my warm spot under the blankets or moved my head to a part of the pillow not warmed by my squash... and listening to tree limbs snap, crackle and pop their way to the ground. Luckily I live in an apartment and the trees are a bit away from the unit, but still... not a very comforting sound.

So I get up this morning and STILL NO POWER and my aparment is like 15 degrees (yes I'm exagerating but it felt like it!) and this is the seen outside.....







oh, and this is what the tops looked like....





Thankfully both my hubby's and my cars were spared any tree limb damage.

And although the state of Masscahusetts is in a state of emergency... who has to go to work... YOU KNOW IT! WTF.... anyways the bright side is that at least here I have heat, hot coffee, a microwave and the INTERNET! :) how sad that this is my saving grace today.

But since I work on the 4th floor of our building, I was able to snap some pretty pics of the ice encrusted trees and the crazy little birds trying to figure out why they can't get their feet warm.


and .....




I don't know about you... but I'm all set with the cold now... bring on the sun and warmth... damn it this is just the beginning.... forecast is predicting single digits tomorrow! I'm gonna have to knit myself something warm tonight!
chao!!

No comments: