Saturday, May 22, 2010

I ain't gettin' any younger...






I don't really know why I named this post as such, but the truth is just that... I am not getting any younger. 
And Isabel seems to like to point that out to me, both knowingly and unknowingly.  She is quick to point out to me that she will be going to 6th GRADE  in the fall... WHAT THE.....  WHEN DID THAT HAPPEN????  I feel like it was only a year ago I was taking her to her first day of kindergarten, and now she is starting 6th grade.  Besides that, she is about an inch taller than me already, is wearing MY size shoes, and can fit into my sister's clothes. 

So why should Friday be any different?  Yesterday I took Isabel to her first weekend camping trip with the Girl Scouts.  When I tell you that I was not prepared... it is an understatement.  There were no tears shed, but I was not ready for her to be SO happy to leave and spend the weekend alone, well at least away from me and not with her dad! 

So we got the necessary camping equipment... sleeping bag (check); lantern (check); travel sized toiletries (check, check, check); pillow (check); change of clothes (check)... yup we are ready.





OMG... I can't believe she's camping!!!!

So we headed over to Harvard and dropped her off at GS Camp Green Eyrie... which is beautiful!  The girls had their "tents" and they were assigned 4 to a tent... they couldn't have been happier.



They are quite spacious too!



She's always posing that one!



Here she is making faces because all the skeeters were CRAZY!!! I think I got bit 5 times in the ten mnutes I was there!  But I sent her with bug cream, long sleeve shirts and sweatshirts. 

Also, I want to point out that at the camp ground it was about 10 degrees colder than everywhere else! 

I can't wait for her to come home and tell me all about her trip.  I wish she could have taken her camera but they didn't allow any kind of electronics, no Ipods, no phones, no cameras... good since the idea is to be in Nature... and nature is not wifi ready!
:oP

OH, I almost forgot... last sunday we had Sebastian baptized!  I'm gonna make a seperate post of that... stay tuned for more!

1 comment:

Smellyann said...

omg, she looks HUGE!!! So grown up. Wow. Is this the first time you sent her to camp? Girl, I sent Chloë to GS camp when she was six, for like 5 days!! lol It was easy then, but NOW she is not wanting to go (now that I've paid, oh, $$$), so I'm not sure what to do about that. Can't wait to get back to the days when she's excited to go again! ;)