Thursday, January 28, 2010

run, Gloria, run, run...

I feel like I have been running since I woke up on Monday morning! So I started classes this monday, I don't remember if I mentioned it before, but I am going back to school to get my degree in Paralegal Studies. Well, I'm taking Massachusetts and the Federal System (a class about the constitution and laws of the state compared/contrasted to the Federal) Its actually a really interesting class, and the professor is really a great speaker so he keeps my attention for the 3 hours I attend on Mondays and Fridays, yes that's 3 hours each day...

Well, I headed out to class on monday morning, like normal, I got up took my son to my dad's house for my dad's wife to babysit for me... and headed back to the college. It was a really nice day out, a little rainy but it was almost 50 degrees out! So considering I was up and out so early in the morning I was feeling good. My phone rang, but I was getting ready to walk into the class room so I figured I'd check it at break and call back then. I soooo should have answered the phone!!!

So I get out on my break at 10:45am, pull out my phone to see what calls I missed and check on the baby... OMG there are about 10 missed calls 8 from my mom, one from my dad, one from my sister, 4 text msgs!!! WTF.... so I listen to my voicemail and there are a few vague messages from my mom, nothing new... so I check my texts... my sister texts me... "why aren't you answering the phone? Mom fell, broke her ankle bad and they're sending her for surgery" WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I call my mom's phone about 50 times... no answer... so I call my sister, no answer.... ok. Maybe I read wrong, then my sister calls me. Yup, mom was walking the dog and slipped on some ice, she fell and broke her ankle... but wait, not only broken, COMPOUND broken... for those of you that are not med students or Grey's Anatomy buffs... that mean the broken bone is now jutting out of her skin!!! She lay on the sidewalk, trying to flag down a passing car, WHICH the F'er didn't stop... so she had to crawl, with her bone sticking out of her leg, back to her apartment because today of all days... she wasn't carrying her cell phone! Mind you, my poor mother lives on the second floor! She called me, called my sister, tried even to call my husband and none of us answered... unfortunately both my husband and I are taking college courses on monday mornings... and my sister had her own probs going on so no one was available. She called an ambulance, and they whisked her off to the hospital.

As the ambulance is getting ready to pull out and take her, another woman falls on her arse and apparently smacked her head on the pavement! Do you think the owner of the building could drop some rock salt or even sand! Seriously....

From Leominster, my mother was sent to UMass Memorial Hospital in Worcester for surgery to fix her poor leg... and of course nothing is quick. She fell before 9am, and she didn't get sent out for surgery until sometime around 3:30pm and didn't get out of surgery and recovery until almost 8pm.

My mother now has a bionic ankle. In the surgery the put in a metal plate to hold the broken bones together and put a few screws into her leg bones! Also, somehow her shoulder was hurt operation...they aren't sure of maybe they just moved it wrong while she was under or whatever. She has been in the hospital since then, thankfully she is doing MUCH better and is in fairly good spirits. Today she was moved to a rehabilition center so they can help her until she heals a little more and do more on her own. Since she can't put her weight on crutches because her shoulder hurts, it's a little harder for her to do everything. It's a long recovery, but I KNOW she's gonna be fine.

Tuesday I went to the salon and had my hair done, and my eyebrows waxed, and my hair straightened and voila!!!  I was B E A U T I F U L!!! Well I thought so at least!!!  Then I got Sebastian and headed to Worcester to check in on my mom, sit with her few about 45 minutes, then run home at 3pm so I could be back in time to get the kids off the bus.  I then proceeded to argue with Isabel and TRY to get her to clean her room... seriously people, is it really that hard trying to keep trash, papers and toys off the floor??? I don't think so... and when she picks up it take about 10 minutes... so WHY CAN'T SHE JUST DO IT WITHOUT MY YELLING AT HER!!!!! 

Wednesday I spent all morning in probate court... grrrr to irresponsible people... I got out of court at almost 1pm, better than I expected and in the long run made out well!  Deadbeats piss me the hell off... feel free to ask if its killing you!  But that's all I have to say about that on the blog for right now.  Went home, fed Sebastian, waited for the kids and then headed over to Worcester to visit because Isabel was very upset about mamia's foot and cried alot on tuesday.  So we visited for a bit then headed home for showers, pjs and rush everyone to bed.

Thursday - hee hee hee... oh yea, that's today!  Well this morning I got up, got the kids up, dressed and out the door.... got Carlos out the door, then ate, got myself dressed and got Sebastian ready... and off we went to pick up Tyler from school and head over to the pedi's office for 6 month and 6 year old physicals. 

Sebastian is 15.5 lbs and 26 1/2 inches long! 25% for weight and 50% height...  He is getting so big sooo quickly, I can't beleive it.  He is 100% healthy, happy and smiley, smiley, smiley!

Tyler is 45 lbs and 44 1/2 inches tall.... 50% for both weight and height.  My boy has been shooting up like you wouldn't believe!  He too is healthy, healthy, healthy!

I opted to have both boys get their seasonal flu and H1N1 flu shots... can't be too careful!  So Tyler went first... He wanted to be held, he was a little scared... annnnd.... Not one single tear!  He was such a big tough guy today, I was so proud of my little man!

Sebastian on the the other hand, had to get his normal 6 month boosters PLUS the two flu shots... so 5 injections later (three on the left leg and two on the right) and the oral rotavirus booster... he only cried until I picked him up and he was done too!  Another tough guy!  Love my boys.....

So, HOPEFULLY next month or so we will be back to get the second round of H1N1 flu shots for the boys and Isabel will get her flu shots.  That is if the clinic has enough flu shots or doesn't run out before my kids get theirs!

We left the clinic, headed out to take Tyler back to school- just in time for him to get some lunch too!  Nice timing on that I must say!  Then off to get myself some grub cuz my belly was aching for something yummy.  Then back home to eat and head back out to WalMart to buy some clothes for my mom, then off to the home to visit my mom and see how she is doing and how they are taking care of her.  3 pm-- Then back home to get the kids, 3:50pm-- then rush off to take Isabel to Hip Hop class, drop off Tyler to his grandmother, then back to Walmart and buy some chicken breasts for dinner, 4:50pm--then back to dance class to pick up Isabel  and off to the house to make some chicken for dinner and feed Sebastian some sweet potatoes and corn (eww!), 6:20pm-- dash off to take Isabel to Girl Scouts and then back to the house to semi-relax.  Well at least think about relaxing.

Sebastian has been SUPER clingy today, so not much gets done unless he's quietly bouncing or sleeping.  Neither apparently was on his to do list today!

But here we are, 10:46pm and I finally have the few minutes I needed to update my blog and not have the baby yanking my hair!

I will post some pics in tomorrow's post.  I have some... I promise!

Chao bella!

P.S.  sorry this rambled on and on and on!!!!


Tara said...

Wow. It made me tired just reading it!! Praying for quick healing for your mom!

Smellyann said...

Your poor mom!! :( How is she doing now? Much better, I hope!