Sunday Stealing: Good-bye, 2009 Meme
So, this being the last week of 2009, why should I NOT "borrow" this from my friend Melanie at SmellyAnn Strikes Again!!!
Check out this link for more Sunday Stealing.
1. What did you do in 2009 that you'd never done before?
hmmmm, I have no clue!!!
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I didn't make any resolutions, because I am very aware of the fact that rarely do I keep to them. This year however I am resolving to lose the last 10 pounds I have to lose from my pregnancy by March 1st! I have some others but these I will share with you later!!!
3. How will you be spending New Year's Eve?
As of right now... I think we are spending it with some friends as the people I normally spend it with will be partying in NYC!
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Thank God, I have not lost any loved ones this year!!!
5. What countries did you visit?
I went to Colombia with my baby and husband to meet his family and see our new lot of land on the beach!
6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
I want financial stability and peace of mind!!!
7. What date from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
July 29, 2009... the date of my son's birth!
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Giving birth to Carlos Sebastian completely natural and drug-free!
9. What was your biggest failure?
My biggest gailure of this year has been my inability to cope with my mom's alcoholism and try to be patient with her.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Nothing this year, again thanks to God!
11. What was the best thing you bought?
The best thing I bought this year has been the GPS for my hubby! This thing has helped us on more than one occassion!\
OOOH OOH, I didn't buy it... but my husband bought me a Wii Fit Plus and I LOVE IT!
12. Where did most of your money go?
Most of my money this year has gone to paying for my daughter's dance classes... I don't regret spending a dime because she loves it!
13. What song will always remind you of 2009?
Gotta get that... BOOM BOOM BOOM!!!!
I love that tune and we sang it a lot in the car this summer.
14. What do you wish you'd done more of?
I wish I had spent more time at the beach, even in Colombia we only went to the beach once in three weeks!
15. What do you wish you'd done less of?
I wish I had been less angry... I didn't speak to my dad for the first 6 months of the year!
16. What was your favourite TV program?
Grey's Anatomy! I've been watching it since season one.
17. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
I try not to hate, but my ex-husband is on my I absolutely hate list this year and probably for good now!
18. What was the best book you read?
Honestly, I haven't really read any books this year... I've been busy with the kids and life!
19. What was your greatest musical discovery?
hmmm.... no big discoveries this year. Oh, I know, I really like Taylor Swift and Miley Cirus!
20. What was your favorite film of this year?
HP ( I love them all) but also the X-Men Origins was great too!
21. What did you do on your birthday?
I went out to eat with the family... it was on a tuesday night and a week before our trip to Colombia so I couldn't afford anything big.
22. What kept you sane?
My knitting, that's about it!
23. Whom did you miss?
I missed my friend Deirdre... not sure why (actually I have a clue) but we stopped talking about 1 1/2 years ago now.
24. Who was the best new person you met?
I sadly can't name one! But I'd say my mother-in-law, I had met her on the phone, but in person for the first time in October and she is the sweetest woman on earth!
25. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009:
Always have your eyes open, and don't be blinded by your emotions.
AND I will second Melanie's answer "Never, ever, take your husband's love for granted"
I hope you also play along, if you do leave me a comment so I can hop over and check out your answers.