Saturday, July 17, 2010

FUN TIMES....

I have been soooo bad at posting these past few weeks!  OMG, I think I haven't posted about a "real" post since like the 4th of July!!!!

So I'm gonna give you a quasi update, because I have in my mind written up great posts with lots of pics... but alas, none have made it here... so you will get a smidgen of what I wanted to write about.

Sound good??? I'm guessing so if you're still reading!
Let's start with the 4th of July... we spent the day at the beach.  I'd like to say that the water was warm and I swam like a fish... BUT this is the NORTH ATLANTIC, the water is NEVER warm.  So no water for me!  I detest ice cold water... I am more of a tropical beach kind of girl.  The kids on the other hand, they will swim in a vat of ice water!


Although after sitting in the car for 2 HOURS to reach the beach, I was seriously considering jumping into the ocean... NOT!!!!

Oh and for those of you that pay like $5 to pay to park at the beach... check this out!


Yes, that does say $15 for parking... and that was the CHEAP parking!  These spots required walking like a mile to the actual beach!!!!  The parking spots closer were all full but they were charging a whopping $30 the day!!!!  Robbers, all of them... now how do I go about purchasing an open lot at the beach? hmmmm....




Here we are getting a little restless as we crept towards the water front...









Tyler was the first to jump in the ocean... that boy loves the water... cold or not!





Then Carlos put Sebastian into the ocean....





Umm.... this is ok... I think.....
















Ummm...NOPE...
daddy I really don't think I like this......














YEAH... I'M PRETTY SURE I DON'T LIKE THIS AT ALL!


My poor baby is like me.... only likes tropical beaches!



















Isabel enjoying the beach with her friend Andrea...



Sebas enjoying the beach blanket much more than the water!









This was Sebastian's first time (well second if you don't count when we took him in October to Santa Marta, Colombia!)  and he loved playing in the sand.



Who doesn't love to be buried in the sand???


I love this pic...



Sunset on the way home from the beach... I love the sunsets at the beach so beautiful!



I like the way Isabel took this picture and you can see her in the rearview mirror of my car.



The aftermath!!!  Tyler crashed not 10 minutes after we reached my cousin's house!  Poor kid played hard and crashed just as hard!

Although... how on earth does one fall asleep in this pose????


So there is a bit of our 4th of July weekend.... next post will catch you up some more!

:oP

2 comments:

Smellyann said...

Cute pix!! Dude, $15-30 to park at the peach?! Holy guacamole! I shall shut up about my $5 parking fees. LOL

Tara said...

Ahhh....LOVE the beach pics! And, I'm VERY jealous!!!